– VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric
– sewing machine
1. Cut out a 12 x 20 inch rectangle from your leather and another (same measurements) from your canvas.
2. Using leather scraps, cut a strip that is about 11 x 1 inch.
3. Pin the strip of leather to the top center part of the canvas. Then alternate pins every 3 to 1 inch until you’ve reached the bottom of the leather strip. Using the sewing machine, sew where you have marked your pins.
4. With the good sides touching, pin and then sew around the outside of the rectangle. Remember to leave an opening to turn the piece right-side out.
5. Turn your piece right-side out and sew the opening hole.
6. Iron and then fold (or measure) your piece in thirds and using pins mark a straight line across. Sew these two lines.
7. Time to make the carry-all bag. Cut out one rectangle that measures 9 x 4 inches and another that measures 26 x 8 inches. This will be the bottom and sides of your bag.
8. Fold the larger rectangle in half and sew the sides together to make a loop. Then pin one edge to the rectangle bottom. Sew together.
9. Fold and pin the top of the bag over to create about a half inch hem, then sew.
10. Turn your bag right-side out and attach VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric. We rolled our bag down like a lunch box and attached VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric to the front and back side of our toiletry carry-all.
11. Fold your bag into thirds and attach VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric in the center to close the bag.
BY ANJELIKA TEMPLE source:www.brit.co